When you get behind the wheel of a potential new-for-you car at Auto Action, there are a few important things to consider. You have an image in your head of the perfect car for your family, but you should take the time to really get to know an automobile during the test drive, before you commit to buying. Once you’ve taken a spin and gone through this checklist, you’ll be ready to sit down with one of the buy here pay here Phoenix experts of Auto Action, and be the proud owner of a new car!
1. Listen–First thing’s first: You need to be aware of any rattles, squeaks or thumps that occur when you start the car, brake, and turn. Of course you’ll want to test out the stereo system as well, but keep it muted at first, until you are confident that there are no errant sounds.
2. Feel it Out–Are you comfortable? Are the seats supportive enough? You’ll likely spend a large portion of your day in your car between the commute, dropping the kids off and errands, so you want to feel at ease in it. Are the controls intuitive and easy for you to reach?
3. Size it Up–Some shoppers are looking for economy and high gas mileage, while others need space. No matter your preferences, make sure you get a feel for the size of the car you’re driving. Parallel park it, maneuver it, and make sure you’re confident with your new proportions.
4. Check Your Blind Spots–Depending on your height and the model of the car, driving can either be a quick glance, over the shoulder breeze, or a neck craning, guessing game. Don’t compromise your safety or the safety of other drivers on the road by buying a car that doesn’t provide ample visibility for you. So adjust those mirrors and be sure you are able to merge, reverse and change lanes with ease.
5. Push it–How does the car handle? Is the steering responsive enough to suit your driving habits? Do you have to push the brakes harder than you’re used to? Take the car for a real world drive and test the acceleration, how it rides on different surfaces and how it handles at your usual driving speeds.
Follow these tips and in no time you’ll be handed the keys to your new dream car. For your Arizona car auto loans, and the largest selection of quality used trucks, cars, vans and SUVs, visit one of Auto Action’s locations today.