In the past, shopping for a used car involved going to every used car dealership in town to compare the available options. Now, you can do the majority of your searching online and only venture out when you are ready for a test drive. You can make the process go even more smoothly by going through a list of important questions to ask a used car dealer before you head to a dealership. Getting answers to a few important questions can help you avoid frustration and save time. Keep reading to learn about 10 questions you need to get answered before you go to a used car dealership.
10 Questions to Ask a Used Car Dealer
1. Do you have a wide selection of vehicles? You need to focus on buy here pay here dealerships that have a wide selection of vehicles. A dealership with a small selection may not have what you need and could end up being a waste of time.
2. Do you have multiple locations? Buy here pay here car lots with multiple locations can provide you with more options. You can visit the location that is closest to your home and choose from inventory across locations instead of being limited to one car lot.
3. Do you have 500 down used cars? Purchasing a used car is a great way to get a vehicle when you are on a budget. However, there are used cars that are still very expensive. If you are on a tight budget, be sure and ask if the dealership has used cars 500 down before you head out to the lot.
4. Will you accept my trade? Trading in an old vehicle is often part of the used car buying process. In fact, many people need to trade in another car in order to afford the next one. If you have a trade, be sure and ask the dealer if they accept trades before you make the trip to the dealership.
5. Can I get a car if I have bad credit? The traditional process of qualifying for a car relies heavily on your credit score. If you do not have great credit, seek out a dealership that considers other factors when determining if you qualify for financing.
6. Do you offer in-house financing? In-house financing is an option that allows dealers to provide financing based on factors other than credit score. If you have a low credit score, a buy here pay here in Phoenix, Arizona that offers in-house financing is your best option for getting a used car.
7. What is the interest rate for a used car? The interest rate for a used car depends on a number of factors and will vary. Dealerships that offer in-house financing will have the most flexibility when it comes to getting a good interest rate even if you have some dings on your credit history.
8. How do I apply for financing for a used car? Many buy here pay here dealerships have an online financing application that you can start before heading to the car lot. Auto Action, for example, allows you to complete the first step in the financing process online.
9. What do I need to bring with me to purchase a used car? At Auto Action, there are a few things you will need to bring to complete the financing process for a used car.
- Driver’s license
- Proof of income
- Proof of residence
- Eight references
10. How are you different from other used car dealerships? Not all buy here pay here dealerships are the same when it comes to customer service. Choose a dealership that is committed to providing high-quality customer care.