The safety features in cars have evolved significantly over time. Just a few decades ago, common features like airbags, anti-lock brakes, and even seatbelts were not standard on all cars. Improvements in technology have led to serious improvements in the safety features of cars. Now, you can find advanced safety features in used vehicles at buy here pay here car lots – even inexpensive 500 down used cars – that were unimaginable a few decades ago. Eight popular safety features you will find in many modern cars include backup cameras, seatbelts, airbags, traction control, blind-spot warning, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, and pedestrian detection. Below, we break down each safety fixture you may encounter:
- Backup cameras – Backup cameras are a common feature on cars today. This feature makes it easier for you to see if anything is behind your car when you are backing up. Combining the views from your side mirrors, rearview mirror, and a backup camera can help you back up safely in a wide range of situations.
- Seatbelt – Seatbelts are so common that you can forget that they are actually a sophisticated piece of safety equipment in your car. Seatbelts are designed to lock up in a situation where you need to be restrained and provide slack when you need it. Most cars also include an alarm that beeps at you when you need a reminder to buckle up.
- Airbags – Airbags are an essential safety feature that can protect you if you have an accident. Airbags deploy from your steering wheel, dash, and side curtains in the event of an accident to help lessen the impact during a collision.
- Traction control – traction control is a safety feature that is designed to keep your tires from slipping around in hazardous driving conditions. Traction control can be helpful in the rain, snow, and when you are driving on uneven surfaces.
- Blind-spot warning – The blind-spot warning is a modern safety feature on cars that can assist you in detecting vehicles in your blind spot while driving. This feature will set off an alarm if there is something in your blind spot when you try to move over while driving.
- Lane departure warning – lane departure warning is a safety feature that is especially helpful during long drives. Being distracted or tired while you drive can make it easy for you to drift into another lane and potentially into another car. Lane departure warning is designed to set off an alarm if you start to drift out of your lane unintentionally.
- Adaptive cruise control – Adaptive cruise control is a feature that helps your car adjust to the surrounding traffic while in cruise control. This means that your car can automatically slow down and speed up in response to the surrounding traffic.
- Pedestrian detection – Pedestrian detection is a feature that can keep the people around your car safe. This feature can detect a person in front of or behind your car and give you a warning alarm. Some cars have an advanced type of pedestrian detection that will apply the brakes in order to avoid hitting someone or something.
As technology advances, more and more safety features are coming standard with cars. You can find used cars 500 down at buy here pay here dealerships that come with a long list of advanced safety features. You do not have to put your safety at risk because you have a tight car budget. Auto Action is a buy here pay here in Phoenix, Arizona that has a wide selection of affordable used cars to choose from that include advanced safety features.